The Network Engineer is an exempt position that reports to the Manager of Infrastructure and works within the Infrastructure unit of Information Technology. The hours of this position are 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, with additional hours as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Solid experience designing, deploying and troubleshooting LAN, WAN & Wireless networks.
- Cisco configuration and troubleshooting skills across multiple platforms including: Cisco routers (4451, 4431, 29XX), Cisco switches (Nexus 70XX, 55XX, 6500, 4500, 3850, 2960), Cisco wireless solutions (WLC5508), Cisco Identity Services Engine.
- Ability to analyze and assess network architecture requirements and determine optimum, cost-effective solutions.
- Ability to plan, develop and coordinate/lead multiple projects.
- Proficiency in advanced switch/router setup and programming, IP design and functionality, cabling infrastructure, network protocol analyzing, network traffic troubleshooting, Cisco IOS and IOS related devices.
- Experience and knowledge in scripting, network protocols, OSI model for network communication, Windows server network layers, TCP/IP and ISO fundamentals and wireless communications.
- Create and maintain documentation for network architecture, network configuration, network mapping, policies, procedures and disaster recovery.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.
- CCIE level expertise in BGP, EIGRP, OSPF routing.
OTHER TASKS AND ACTIVITIES
- Proficiency in Cisco Firewalls – ASA.
- Creating and troubleshooting Point to Point VPN Tunnels.
- Proficiency in configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting Palo Alto and Checkpoint Firewalls is a plus.