- Five (5)+ years of progressively responsible experience in the area of attorney professional development, preferably in a large law firm environment or professional services environment is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Computer proficient with knowledge and understanding of various database systems including Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Ability to learn, utilize, and implement specialized attorney development-related technological databases in order to streamline the attorney development process.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with diplomacy, provide information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, staff, and outside contacts.
- Exhibits a high degree of initiative, critical-thinking skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrates a high level of confidentiality, diplomacy, and excellent judgment in navigating sensitive issues.
- A motivated and motivational leader who can engage his/her team in the pursuit of the highest level of work and productivity.
- Ability to lead as well as serve as a team member of cross-department initiatives.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and change while enhancing employee productivity and work ethic.
- Collegial and consensus-building, with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Well organized and sufficiently methodical such that others can easily follow.
- Analytical and intellectually curious, and motivated to seek out answers and solutions.
- Ability to find unique solutions to both simple and complex problems.
- Proactive and self-directed.
- Demonstrates resilience after debate and the ability to project a united front with firm management.
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Must be flexible to work additional hours.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.