The Market Intelligence Analyst performs research activities to support the Firm's marketing, business development and practice development efforts. S/he leverages internal and external resources to provide information that helps address the challenges faced by practice area teams, client teams, individual attorneys and Firm management. S/he works closely with the functional areas of the Marketing Department, as well as Strategic Planning, Library Services and other departments.
- Conduct research to support client meetings, pitches and RFPs, as well as practice and business development projects.
- Prepare research deliverables with emphasis on translating research data and findings into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Develop subject matter expertise with regard to the scope and nature of the market research, competitive intelligence and internal data available.
- Execute project assignments and work with Market Intelligence Manager and other Marketing leaders to develop standard reporting deliverables and best practices.
- Monitor and communicate developments in the legal industry that have an impact on Firm business.
- Provide additional support to the Market Intelligence Manager for internal and third party projects including defining requirements, building relationships with and evaluating vendors, tracking and reporting progress, and assessing and delivering results.
- Maintain research related content on intranet sites and other internal resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email email@example.com (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Minimum 3 years of experience conducting research and analysis activities in support of business development, business operations or in an academic setting
- Knowledge of various external research tools such as Lexis, Westlaw, CapitalIQ, Thomson MonitorSuite and other resources
- Demonstrated ability to execute multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- Intermediate skills with MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint to synthesize and present data
- Advanced degree, such as a JD, MBA or MLS, SCIP certification or training in business/competitive intelligence or analytics
- Law firm and/or professional services experience
- In-depth business research project experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer