Part of the management team of the Information Resource Center (IRC), the acquisitions manager works closely with the Chief Research and Knowledge Services Officer to develop goals and strategies for overall department operations as well as for the acquisition function. Assists in the development of the annual department budget. Manages the purchase of new print and digital materials and the preparation and payment of invoices. Oversees the billing of computer research to clients. Manages the troubleshooting and other support requests associated with firm digital subscriptions. Acts as a liaison with the Firm’s international offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Departmental Management and Leadership:
- Assist with long-range planning, project identification, and implementation.
- Set goals and objectives and formulate metrics to measure success.
- Lead and deliver on cost reduction projects identified each year.
- All members of the firm are encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program.
- And other duties as assigned.
Purchasing and Request Management:
- Monitor and ensure all requests to the acquisitions team are responded to and handled to completion.
- Negotiate favorable contractual terms and conditions with vendors for new and renewed research resources.
- Monitor resource spending against the annual budget.
- Maintain positive relationships with a variety of vendors.
- Monitor and ensure tax associated with all purchases is captured and reported correctly.
- Manage the troubleshooting of problems with print digital subscriptions in relation to delivery and access.
- Oversee the cost recovery processes and efforts of the acquisitions team.
- Generate statistics routinely for Lexis and Westlaw and other cost recovery databases
Online Resources, Password Management and Troubleshooting:
- Coordinate or delegate the coordination of product trials and evaluations for lawyers.
- Monitor usage of firm resources through Research Monitor and ensure that resources purchased are utilized or cancelled as appropriate.
- Oversee the creation, notification to lawyers, tracking and cancellation of login information required for various firm subscriptions
- Participate in product demos and update meetings.
- Coordinate with vendors to establish the best method of access to digital content.
- Manage support for logins and resources that are not working.
- Partner with the Technology department to resolve issues that arise where their help is required to resolve problems, such as with email delivery of various email delivered publications.
- Evaluate, train and mentor staff Acquisitions Assistants and Acquisitions Specialists.
Core Hours are 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, 8:30-5:30, or 9-5:30 Monday-Friday. Must be flexible for additional hours.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.