The Finance Department at Hogan Lovells is undergoing an exciting period of growth and investment as it enhances its global capabilities. The firm is converting to a system that will better support the needs of our global senior management and financial users by replacing its multiple finance systems with a single finance solution based on Elite 3E. The Finance Department is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Financial Systems Analyst to be an integral part of this movement. This role will be fully trained in the 3E system upon hire and have the opportunity to utilize all operational report writing systems to ensure an accurate analysis of global and national statistical data. The primary focus of this role is to develop and support the reporting solution using a Microsoft toolset including SSRS/Report builder, SSAS with MDX & SQL, PowerPivot, and Business Objects.
The Financial Systems Analyst will work closely with an array of experienced technology and finance professionals while reforming established reporting functions to its highest potential. The Financial Systems Analyst will combine their financial systems expertise and customer service skills to troubleshoot issues that may arise with the firm’s systems including: Elite Enterprise, Chrome River, Webview, Business Intelligence, Online Reporting, and others. The person hired for this role will assist in developing a new process from the ground up by bringing in their own financial systems expertise and obtaining additional training to advance the department’s daily functions.
The team is focused on providing the best service to financial users on an international scale and is eager to onboard an accomplished financial systems support specialist. The ideal candidate for this role will have strong analytical and technical abilities and will appreciate working in a fast-paced, but very enjoyable environment where collaboration and teamwork are encouraged. Our people are the key to our success, which is why we seek to recruit and retain the most talented individuals.
- Provide general system and end-user functional support of Elite Enterprise, Chrome River, Webview, Business Intelligence, and Online Reporting.
- Maintenance and administration of Elite Enterprise from both the front and back-end. This includes setting up business services employees, new offices, new regions, etc. Additionally, the incumbent will investigate and resolve issues that may occur through the use of SQL.
- Manage vendor incidents and issues for the various financial systems applications.
- Produce client and custom reports (using SQL and Excel), as well as creating custom tables/data-marts. This will include Ad Hoc reporting which can include the use of SSAS.
- Assist in the development, modification, and maintenance of billing templates using Document Studio software.
- Maintain and create Elite extend events for firm wide distribution.
- Provide month-end support to the Global Financial Department and perform month-end closing on a rotating schedule.
- Communication with Finance Department, fee-earners, partners, and senior management globally.
- Maintain and update webview forms.
- Research, develop, modify, and maintain the Finance Department procedures for the Elite system.
- Develop reports, often complex, based on firm specifications as well as writing, modifying, testing, and deploying reports in the Business Intelligence suite, as well as Analysis Services for US LLP and global statistics.
- Develop and troubleshoot scripts for ETL processes and mass data imports.
- Update and maintain budget hours in Elite.
- All members of the firm are encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program.
- Other duties as assigned
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., including one hour for lunch. This role will need to provide support to users, not only locally, but also globally, so candidates must be flexible to work overtime, as necessary. Vacations in December, January, or during month-end process allowed only if all duties are completed or covered.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.
U.S. Office Locations:
- Colorado Springs
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Northern Virginia
- San Francisco
- Silicon Valley
- Washington, D.C.