General description: Research Services Librarian, full-time, permanent position. Rank is Assistant Librarian.
The candidate selected will join a team of research services librarians who provide high-quality, wide-ranging services to all library users. Core duties include front-line reference, research projects for faculty, instructional presentations to law school classes and other groups, and the preparation of materials that enhance access to legal information. This position reports to the Head of Research Services.
Each research services librarian also has some administrative duties – for instance, serving as liaison to online vendors, leading marketing efforts, or coordinating teaching and training. Librarians are encouraged to be professionally active. We look forward to hiring a research services librarian who is a self-starter, has a sense of humor, and enjoys collaborating on a wide variety of projects.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Provides reference service to library patrons, including members of the UW Law and university communities, the bar, and the public; uses online and print sources to answer general and legal reference questions
- Conducts, organizes, and writes reports on research for UW Law faculty and staff
- Prepares materials for and gives research presentations to UW Law courses and other groups
- Writes and updates legal research guides, blog posts, and other material
- Manages multiple projects
- Continually improves reference and research skills
- Coaches and trains law librarianship students
- Handles administrative projects and other duties as assigned
To apply for this position, please submit the following information to email@example.com :
- Cover letter (addressed to Jonathan Franklin, Associate Dean for Library and Information Services)
- Curriculum vitae/resume (include a telephone number, mailing address, and email address) including three references who are knowledgeable of your qualifications for this position (include telephone numbers, mailing addresses, and email addresses)
- Please use “Research Services Librarian Application” in the subject heading of your email
- Please submit both components in a single, multi-page PDF document. All submissions will be maintained in a secure, password protected online file space until interviews are conducted. Then, some application materials will be circulated.
- Review of submissions will begin on March 1, 2017.
For questions about this position, or questions regarding potential disability accommodations, please contact Jonathan Franklin, firstname.lastname@example.org