We have an exciting opportunity for an Attorney Recruiting Assistant in the Attorney Recruiting Department in the Washington, DC office of Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP. We are searching for someone who wants to be a valued contributor and an important member of a talented and dynamic team of attorneys and staff.
The Attorney Recruiting Assistant is responsible for supporting all of the goals and activities of the Firm’s Attorney Recruiting Department. The department facilitates interviewing, tracking, hiring, and orientation for externs, summer associates, entry-level associates, and lateral attorneys. The team is also responsible for summer program event planning, law school event logistics, and networking opportunities for students and attorneys.
This collaborative position offers many opportunities to interact with students, staff, attorneys, restaurants, caterers, and other vendors, but does not include cold calling. Candidates should possess the ability to concentrate on details, multitask, prioritize responsibilities, and maintain an appropriate level of professionalism. The ideal candidate is conscientious, self-motivated, and well-organized.
The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Inputting all resumes into a specialized recruiting database. The assistant will ensure prompt coding and accurate data entry for all applicants.
- Assisting coordinator and manager with all aspects of rejection letters, including proofing, mail merging, photocopying, addressing, mailing, and filing.
- Creating and maintaining candidate files.
- Entering candidate interview schedules, sending evaluations, and generating reports through the recruiting database.
- Updating attorney and interviewer databases regularly with arrivals, changes, and departures.
- Registering for on-campus interviews (OCI), creating and maintaining files for each law school, generating resume packets, booking interview rooms, and preparing binders for OCI interviewers.
- Generating callback, no callback, offer, and no offer letters for summer associate candidates.
- Assisting with callback candidate scheduling and logistics.
- Processing travel reimbursements for candidates and coordinating shared expenses with other firms.
- Working closely with Work Assignment Coordinators and the Attorney Recruiting team to review, edit, and assign summer associate work assignments.
- Assisting with the coordination of new attorney, summer program, and on-campus events.
- Coordinating departmental meetings, conference rooms, catering orders, and summer associate lunches.
- Preparing, submitting, and tracking of all departmental check requests, invoices, and reimbursements.
- Assisting coordinator and manager with the annual off-site file transfer.
- Collaborating with the manager and coordinator on reports, surveys, and projects as needed.
- Performing other work-related responsibilities as assigned.