The Hugh F. MacMillan Law Library at Emory University School of Law is seeking an enthusiastic, creative outgoing, and service-oriented professional to join our team as Assistant Law Librarian for Outreach. This is a full-time position, available immediately.
Under the general supervision of the Associate Law Library for Research and Electronic Services, this position will be the point person for the law library’s outreach and marketing efforts. The MacMillan Law Library is a vital component of the Emory Law community, with our teaching, research assistance, and programing for our students being at the forefront. The library currently devotes a significant amount of resources to outreach for our students and faculty and we want to do more. Therefore, this position will focus exclusively on the Library’s outreach efforts, but the incumbent of the position will also be strongly encouraged to involved himself or herself in all aspects of the law school community. This is a new direction for this position and we want a librarian eager to be a highly visible face of the library with a strong desire to try new things which will build on the library’s strong institutional reputation.
General responsibilities will include creating, promoting and being a point person for special library services and programs to faculty and students - examples include one-L orientation, commencement, exam-time services, producing monthly newsletters, and so on; coordinating and spearheading law library events for internal and external audiences, producing relevant marketing materials, and exploring potential library social media endeavors. Additional responsibilities will include participating in an advisory role regarding library web site content, serving on law library and university library committees, engaging in professional development activities, scholarship and service, and performing other associated duties as required.
- M.L.I.S. (or equivalent) from an ALA-accredited institution. Candidates who will complete their M.L.I.S. or equivalent prior to start date will be considered;
- Understanding of marketing concepts and best practices, demonstrated by a degree or extensive coursework in a field directly related to marketing, promotion, public relations, communications, relevant and significant work experience, or a combination of both;
- Strong communications skills, including a high comfort level interacting with a wide range of patrons;
- Desire to participate in professional librarianship activities at local, regional and national levels; and
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within a framework of assigned responsibilities, as well as the ability to collaborate effectively with others.
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school;
- Demonstrable success in public speaking; and
- Conversational ability in Chinese or Korean.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary based on education, qualifications and experience. Emory University offers an excellent benefits package, including an array of retirement plans, courtesy scholarships for employee, spouse and dependent children, and support for professional development and involvement in professional organizations.
Apply online at: http://jobs.brassring.com/tgwebhost/SM.aspx?q=653332_25066&phid=7733 and refer to Job Requisition ID Number 70860BR. Please include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references. Address the cover letter to Search Committee, Assistant Law Librarian for Outreach. Applications received by May 8, 2017 will receive priority consideration. For additional information on the Hugh F. MacMillan Law Library, visit our web site at: http://library.law.emory.edu. For questions regarding this position, please contact Thomas Sneed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emory University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.