Research Librarian Fellow - Dorraine Zief Law Library
University of San Francisco
Under the general supervision of the Law Library Co-Director in charge of research services, participates in the law library's extensive teaching programs (including guest lectures and presentations, and law librarian-taught courses — primarily the online Taxation research class, but also such classes as Advanced Legal Research and Advanced California Legal Research), provides reference assistance and research support for law library patrons, and participates in the law library's faculty liaison program. Participates with other librarians in covering evening and weekend research desk shifts.
• A JD from an ABA -accredited law school.
• An MLS (or equivalent) from an ALA -accredited graduate program.
• Commitment to dynamic, experiential teaching and excellent patron support.
• Legal research proficiency.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Flexibility and excellent interpersonal skills.
• A strong commitment to faculty and student research and scholarship.
• A strong commitment to serving a diverse and vibrant community, and to the University’s mission.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Teaching experience and legal reference experience preferred.
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: http://apptrkr.com/1027458
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.