Operations, Public Services, Reference/Research, Technical Services
MLS/MLIS & JD
Academic Technologies & Outreach Librarian
The Pennsylvania State University-Dickinson Law seeks energetic, customer-oriented candidates for the position of Academic Technologies & Outreach Librarian. Dickinson Law is one of Penn State's two fully accredited law schools and is located in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. The overarching mission of Dickinson Law is to educate and train lawyers who are equipped with skills and competencies to excel in an evolving legal profession. Dickinson Law values diversity of thought, perspective, experience and people, and is actively committed to a culture of inclusion and respect. We encourage candidates to apply who thrive in a welcoming multicultural environment.
• Develop and teach legal research in the first-year curriculum and in library-based programs to prepare students for practice. Create materials such as guides and tutorials to enhance research mastery.
• Develop targeted outreach and marketing of Law Library resources and services as well as formalizing support programs for student organizations and alumni. Contribute to existing online platforms and create in-house exhibits and displays.
• Develop targeted outreach programs to facilitate faculty and student use of the Law Library and University Libraries' academic technologies. Manage compliance with digital licenses. Monitor and provide advice on emerging technology.
• Provide reference services to the Law School and affiliated communities.
• Participate in activities related to Law Library governance, scholarly research, and professional service.
• M.L.S and J.D. degrees from ALA/ABA accredited schools strongly preferred; candidates with a J.D. only may be considered in exceptional cases where they can demonstrate significant library experience, legal research teaching/instructional/training experience, or are currently engaged in coursework toward an M.L.S. degree.
• Excellent legal research, organizational, teaching, communications, and technology skills are a must.
• The successful candidate will possess a strong service orientation, the ability to work well with students and faculty, and a willingness to work creatively and proactively with minimal direct supervision.
• Candidates with demonstrable expertise supporting digital information resources in an academic setting will be strongly favored.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a fixed-term appointment funded for up to three years from the date of hire with the possibility of re-funding. Salary is competitive, commensurate with experience. Employment will require successful completion of background checks in accordance with University policies. Fringe benefits include liberal vacation, excellent insurance and health care coverage, state or TIAA retirement options, and educational privileges.
To apply, submit a web application, cover letter, and resume through the Penn State jobs website at http://apptrkr.com/1028543. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To learn more about Dickinson Law and our community, visit https://dickinsonlaw.psu.edu/experience.
To learn more about Penn State's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusive Excellence, visit http://equity.psu.edu/psu-diversity-statement.
Apply online at http://apptrkr.com/1028543
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.