Private Firm/Corporation, Professional Legal Management
The Research Services Coordinator assists the Director with developing, implementing and overseeing research, reference and training services for the firm. Position Responsibilities:
• Performs research and serves as subject, industry and research expert for legal and non-legal areas.
• Assists the Director with the creation and implementation of goals and objectives that align with the firm’s business imperatives and policies and procedures to ensure the effective and balanced delivery of research services.
• Supports the budget process and recommendations for expenditures for the Research Services Department and team.
• Collects, analyzes and reports data with respect to the use of services and uses that information to recommend improvements.
• Coordinates all department research requests.
• Creates, reviews and revises policies and procedures to ensure best practices for responding to research requests.
• Reviews, evaluates and recommends legal and non-legal research resources.
• Involved in budget, vendor relations, and training new hires.
• Promotes services to attorneys, departments and other end users.
• Creates communications for delivery to attorneys and staff.
• Maintains awareness of current and emerging technologies relevant to research and training.
• Maintains current knowledge of resources relevant to the firm’s core practice areas and client industries.
• Manages projects and training as needed to support key initiatives and technical systems as assigned.
• All other duties as requested.
• A Juris Doctorate, Masters of Library/Information Science or equivalent degree with 5 plus years experience in the legal industry, preferred.
• Management experience, including the supervision of personnel, project planning and implementation, preferred.
• Mastery of research methodology for print and online resources for legal and non-legal research sources.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, including the ability to analyze, evaluate and synthesize information from a variety of sources.
• Familiarity with software and other technology used for communication, research, and training. • Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong customer service orientation and a positive, team-oriented attitude.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to forge relationships with management, colleagues and a diverse clientele.
• Works well independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds.
About Bradley Arant Boult Cummings
Bradley’s professional staff members are essential to our firm’s success. Our lawyers count on support staff to provide exceptional service so we can meet – and exceed – the needs of our clients. We recognize the indispensable contributions of our staff by offering the highest-quality compensation and benefits packages, including a variety of wellness initiatives and competitive retirement plans. Bradley is also committed to the professional development of all our employees, so we provide tools and guidance to help our people achieve their goals and advance along their professional journeys.
Bradley aims to maintain a workforce with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives. We are committed to an open and respectful workplace that values the different talents, skills, knowledge, and contributions that each individual brings to the table. By diversifying our own work environment, we are better able to understand, address, and satisfy a broad range of client goals and requirements.
Bradley is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (incl...uding pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression), marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any legally protected status.