To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities, covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
Duties are numbered for convenience, and do not indicate order in terms of importance, frequency that the duty is performed, or the amount of time spent on the duty.
1. Be a facilitator of learning in a digital environment.
2. Fulfill the college’s commitment to College Credit Plus, which requires a willingness to work with high school students, teachers, and counselors. May require travel to central Ohio’s secondary schools.
3. Teaches assigned courses as scheduled in accordance with current department-approved course descriptions, course outlines, syllabi, and procedures.
4. Provides leadership and assists in the maintenance of course descriptions, course outlines, and syllabi in accordance with Transfer Assurance Guide (TAG) and Ohio Transfer Module (OTM) requirements. Develops and designs courses in a variety of modalities, including self-paced, modularized and digital. Updates course descriptions, etc. routinely based on assessment results.
5. Assists, as appropriate, in the maintenance of instructional materials and laboratory facilities.
6. Employs and provides leadership in the design and development of appropriate assessment techniques to measure students' performance in achieving course goals and objectives. Communicates progress in the course to students in a timely manner. Determines and submits students' grades in accordance with established college policies and procedures.
7. Serves, when appropriate, as a coordinator or manager of curriculum instruction.
8. Keeps accurate and appropriate records in accordance with the Faculty Handbook and departmental policies.
9. Aids the college with goals of student success and retention. Assists in the identification of students with academic or other needs, and responds by utilizing appropriate resources.
10. Aids the college in partnering with secondary schools to offer complete two-year degrees in accordance with the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE).
11. Keeps up-to-date with College’s educational partners and ODHE requirements.
12. Maintains posted departmental hours in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement, and departmental and college policies and procedures.
13. Ensures classroom lectures contain essential curricular components; have appropriate content and pedagogy; and reflect current trends.
14. Maintains a personal portfolio for tenure and promotion review and other career-related needs.
15. Employs student, administrative and self-appraisals to establish goals and objectives for professional development, and participates in professional development activities.
16. Provides feedback, as appropriate, regarding the general operations of the department, the division, and the college.
17. Attends faculty meetings as called by the President, Senior Vice President, Dean or Department Chairperson; and participates, as appropriate, on departmental, divisional and college committees.
18. Participates, as appropriate, in additional duties and responsibilities based upon the expertise of the Instructor and the needs of the department, division, or college.
19. Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works as required, to meet workload demands.
20. Performs other related duties as required.
Usual Physical Demands: The incumbent of this position typically exhibits the physical demands identified in the Functional Job Analysis on file in the College's Human Resources Department and which is periodically reviewed and updated. Physical demands listed in the Functional Job Analysis are not job qualification standards, but are used to help the College assess and determine reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified individuals covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The employee regularly sits, stands, reaches, and uses a computer. Employee occasionally bends, stoops and lifts items up to 10 pounds.
Working Conditions: Normal office and classroom working environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of: American Bar Association accreditation and practices; digital course development and delivery; on-line instruction techniques and methods; Microsoft Office; Blackboard. Skill In: course design and development; digital course development and delivery; providing quality instruction and support to a diverse student body; learning technologies and use of multi-media technology to enhance student learning; instructional planning and presentation; incorporating critical thinking, effective communication, and other general education outcomes in course content. Ability to: collaborate with higher education institutions, as well as business and industry; demonstrate collegiality and collaboration across all college divisions; manage curriculum development projects; perform student learning outcomes assessments; demonstrate teaching strategies that focus on student-centered learning; demonstrate a commitment to improving student scholarship through innovative strategies that aid student success and retention and reflect industry trends; adapt to multi-campus organizational work environments, as well as changes in the discipline.
Juris Doctorate from Accredited law school. Two (2) years minimum teaching experience. State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Preferred Qualifications: Five (5) years teaching experience in an ABA approved Paralegal program. Experience in accreditation and compliance.
The success of Columbus State students – and the continuing momentum of our institution – is fueled by our diverse and talented faculty. It is our mission to help students reach their education goals, and we are making a substantial investment where it matters most: growing the ranks of tenure-track and annually contracted faculty in key academic areas throughout the College.
Community colleges are uniquely positioned to respond to workforce needs and make higher education an affordable reality. There has never been a better time to join a two-year college, and there’s no better place to do it than at Columbus State. A laser focus on student success and a partnership mindset have established Columbus State as a key talent provider in a thriving regional economy, and a premier community college that is changing the nation’s education and workforce landscapes.
With more than 46,000 students across two campuses, at several regional learning centers, and online, Columbus State is the nation’s only institution recognized as an Achieving the Dream (ATD) college, an AACC Guided Pathways institution, and a participant in The Right Signals Initiative through the Lumina Foundation. Our... innovative curricular methods and evidence-based approaches were acknowledged this year with ATD’s highest honor, the 2019 Leah Meyer Austin Award.
Columbus State faculty members benefit from an engaging, collaborative, and supportive culture that rewards innovation and vision. We provide competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and professional development opportunities. We are dedicated to ensuring that the diversity of Columbus State faculty and staff reflects that of our students and region. We are proud to be a central part of a community that embraces differences and celebrates the many cultures, beliefs, and lifestyles that define Central Ohio.
Columbus, Ohio is also home to The Ohio State University and more than 30 other colleges and universities as well as the headquarters of multiple Fortune 500 companies. Columbus is one of America’s fastest-growing cities, offering a wealth of cultural experiences, dining, entertainment, shopping opportunities, and more. That’s why Central Ohio residents find living here so fulfilling, both professionally and personally.
BACK TO TOP
AALL Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else AALL Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at AALL Career Center.