Provides outreach and reference services and creates, enhances, and furthers services offered to faculty, students, alumni, the local bar, and the public. Services emphasize technologically mediated platforms, institutional repository services, web, and LMS outreach.
The first priority of all members of the Law Library team is to serve the Law Library and College of Law's faculty, students, and patrons. Each team member will not be limited by this job description in an effort to assist our constituency but will perform tasks assigned by supervisor(s). Team members will be readily available, visible, and accessible to faculty, students and patrons, and if unable to answer an inquiry, they will ensure assistance is provided by another member of the Law Library team.
1. Assists the Assistant Director for Operations and Collections with vendor relations, collection development, cataloging, and processing materials.
2. Provides legal research, reference assistance, and instruction.
3. Provides collection services for all legal materials.
4. Serves as a reference librarian at the PMLL Reference Desk for approximately five (5) to ten (10) hours per week. Occasional weekend and some evening reference hours are also required.
5. Participate in the Law Library Faculty Liaison Program, assisting with their research, teaching and scholarship projects.
6. Conduct workshops and research instruction on legal research topics.
7. Instructs and supports students and faculty in the use of Westlaw, Lexis, TWEN, LMS, and other web and database resources.
8. Prepares and promotes innovative technology services for library and law school use, assisting law faculty with using these tools to enhance the classroom learning or scholarly communications experience.
9. Maintains the institutional repository, including liaising with the College of Law staff and faculty to keep the repository up to date.
10. Serves on local, regional, and national law library-related organizations and committees.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Demonstrated experience with technology tools, social networking sites, and law library software and databases.
2. Facility with Westlaw, Lexis, other research databases, HTML, CSS, RSS, and AV editing software.
3. Advanced knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; database and data entry skills.
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of duties and responsibilities.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
6. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
7. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in the performance of job duties.
8. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, and computer keyboards.
To view a full position description and qualifications, and to apply on line, please access www.nsujobs.com and reference position number 999662.
Internal Number: 999662
About Panza Maurer Law Library - Shepard Broad College of Law
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) is a private, not-for-profit, accredited, co-educational university located in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. With nearly 21,000 students, NSU is the largest private, not-for-profit institution of higher education in Florida. Founded in 1964, the university offers undergraduate degrees, graduate and professional degrees, and certificate programs to full-and part-time students in medicine, health sciences, computer sciences, law, education, psychology, business, marine biology, and more.